Block Jointing Mortar is a polymerised cement-based mortar specially formulated for joining blocks. This mortar is specially designed and manufactured under stringent quality controls to give superior adhesive strength, higher durability and a strong bond between the blocks. This unique combination enables this mortar to be thinner, compact and versatile.
- Increasing overall masonry strength & load-bearing capacity
- Providing high compressive & flexural strength
- Superior adhesive strength
- Higher durability
- Strong bond between the blocks
Benefit & Advantages
- Easy to apply & gives better levelling
- Zero Wastage
- No Shrinkage Cracks
- No Curing Required
- Save Time
|Consistency||20 – 30 %|
|Pot Life||> 30 minutes|
|Setting time||30 - 600 minutes|
|Density||1.5 to 1.8 g/ml|
- Clean loose particles, dirt, grease and traces of foreign materials from the surface, if necessary, by using wire brush/sandpaper or by chipping.
- For loose plaster areas or floors/wall which are not even, then remove the defective material and re-plaster the area with Home Sure Ready-Mix Plaster to make them even.
- Take approx.200-300 ml of clean water for 1 Kg of Block Jointing Mortar in a clean bucket. It is very important that add material into water and not vice versa.
- Stir continuously for 3-5 minutes by using mechanical stirrer or by hand to obtain a homogeneous lump- free paste.
- Allow the resultant paste to stand for about 10 minutes for the additives to dissolve.
- Re-mix again for about 2 Minutes. The mixture is now ready to apply.
- Block Jointing Mortar can be laying and joining of masonry units like Fly Ash block, ACC block, hollow, concrete blocks etc.
- Before application surface should be clean and free from dust, grease, oil and any other foreign material.
- Pre-wet the surface of the block before applying mortar. Allow excess water to drain off.
- Apply the material on the block evenly with trowel. For best results it is advisable to use notch trowel of 3 to 4 mm to have better contact and bonding.
- Application should be done by the angle between 35 to 45 degrees, using the right amount of pressure.
- Use fiber hammer to remove any air gaps in between blocks for proper jointing and alignment.
- Fill the gap between two blocks with the help of trowel and remove excess material.
- Mortar should be spread on all sides of the block in such way to maintain the bond thickness 2-3 mm.
- The coverage area however will depend upon the quality and evenness of the substrate, thickness of joints.
- Do not add more water than recommended.
- Maximum thickness should not more than 2-3 mm.
- Block Jointing Mortar contains non-toxic material but still, it is important to wear a safety kit when mixing and handling.
Product Application Video
Ans: Excellent bonding to all the AAC Blocks. This mortar is specially designed and manufactured under stringent quality controls to give superior adhesive strength, higher durability and a strong bond between all types of blocks.
Ans: This mortar is specially designed and manufactured under stringent quality controls to give superior adhesive strength, higher durability and a strong bond between the blocks. This unique combination enables this mortar to be thinner, compact and versatile.
Ans: Few best advantages of Block Jointing Mortar
1- Saving of time and manpower.
2- Lesser shrinkage and seamless structure.
3- High strength adhesion.
4- Consistency of material and quality.
5- Can be applied by an ordinary mason.
6- Gives better levelling.
7- Easy to mix and faster to apply.
8- No water curing is required.
Ans: Thickness of only 3mm compared to 12mm of a conventional mortar.
Ans: No water curing is required.